The Hepatic Encephalopathy Market is expected to show positive growth in the forecast period (2022–2032) due to the development of well-designed, randomized, controlled non-crossover trials with potential benefits. Moreover, the shortfall of approved therapy might provide suitable space for emerging therapies.
DelveInsight’s Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, Hepatic Encephalopathy emerging drugs, Hepatic Encephalopathy market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM [the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), Japan].
Key takeaways from the Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Report
- DelveInsight’s estimations suggest that the majority of cases of Hepatic Encephalopathy are males as compared to female. There was a total of around 432,631 male and approximately 162,460 female cases of Hepatic Encephalopathy in 2020 in the United States.
- The total number of cases of Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE) in the 7MM was estimated to be approximately 856,610 in 2020.
- In 2020 among EU-5 countries, the United Kingdom had the highest number of cases with approximately 56,099 followed by Germany with approximately 53,878 cases and France with about 44,857 cases. While, Spain has the least number of cases with approximately 18,715.
- Leading Hepatic Encephalopathy companies includes Salix Pharmaceuticals, Bausch Health, Axcella Health, Inc., Umecrine Cognition, Vedanta Biosciences, Patricia Bloom, Rebiotix, and others
- The promising Hepatic Encephalopathy therapies in the pipeline includes Xifaxan, AXA1665, MNK-6105/ MNK-6106, Golexanolone (GR3207), and others
Know which therapies are expected to grab major Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Share @ Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Size
Hepatic Encephalopathy Overview
Hepatic encephalopathy is a brain disorder that develops in some individuals with liver disease. It is a complex disorder that encompasses a spectrum or continuum of disease that ranges from a subtle condition with no outward signs or symptoms to a severe form that can cause serious, life-threatening complications. It is manifested by the broad spectrum of neuropsychiatric disturbances such as defects in cognitive, emotional, behavioral, psychomotor, and locomotive functions. This condition is characterized by personality changes, intellectual impairment, and a depressed level of consciousness.
Hepatic Encephalopathy Epidemiology Insights
The epidemiology section covers insights about the historical and current Hepatic Encephalopathy patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries (7MM) from 2019 to 2032. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. The epidemiology section also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Hepatic Encephalopathy Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Hepatic Encephalopathy diagnosed prevalent cases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Gender-specific diagnosed prevalent cases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Age-specific diagnosed prevalent cases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Type-specific diagnosed prevalent cases
For further information of this report to understand which factors are driving Hepatic Encephalopathy epidemiology trends @ Hepatic Encephalopathy Epidemiological Insights
Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment Market
Management of overt HE includes treating patients with acute HE episodes, preventing HE recurrence, and identifying and managing precipitating factors associated with the development of HE. The two main forms of medical therapy for HE are non-absorbable disaccharides (i.e., lactitol and lactulose) and non-absorbable antibiotics (i.e. rifaximin). The hyperammonemia and inflammation that occurs due to urea breakdown in cirrhotics have led to the development of HE treatments that target gut bacteria. Treatments for OHE approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as some unapproved treatments, are available for use. It is important to remember that in patients with cirrhosis and portosystemic shunting, skeletal muscle mass and renal clearance are vital to neurotoxin clearance. Nutrition may also play a key role in managing HE and preventing a recurrence. The second line, less accepted therapies, include probiotics, branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), flumazenil, zinc, and ammonia scavengers.
Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Outlook
At present, there is only one therapy in the late stage of management, MNK-6105, being developed by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy and is expected to launch during the forecast period [2021-2030], and shall create a significant impact on treatment market for this indication. During the forecast period, the share of the current therapies will decrease due to the expected launch of emerging therapies, as the patient will likely shift to the newer therapies.
Hepatic Encephalopathy Companies
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- Bausch Health
- Axcella Health, Inc.
- Umecrine Cognition
- Vedanta Biosciences
- Patricia Bloom
- Rebiotix, and others
Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapies
- MNK-6105/ MNK-6106
- Golexanolone (GR3207), and others
Hepatic Encephalopathy Market
Hepatic Encephalopathy market size is anticipated to increase during the study period owing to the increasing incident population and rising awareness of Hepatic Encephalopathy in the 7MM. The expected launch of emerging therapies and the research and development activities of pharmaceutical companies will also fuel the market growth during the forecast period.
Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Size
The expected launch of emerging therapies, during the forecast period (2022-2032) will contribute to an increase in the market size of Hepatic Encephalopathy.
Scope of the Hepatic Encephalopathy Market
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Companies- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Bausch Health, Axcella Health, Inc., Umecrine Cognition, Vedanta Biosciences, Patricia Bloom, Rebiotix, and others
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapies- Xifaxan, AXA1665, MNK-6105/ MNK-6106, Golexanolone (GR3207), and others
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Dynamics- Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Drivers and Barriers
Table of Content
- Key Insights
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Overview at a Glance
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Hepatic Encephalopathy Treatment
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Marketed Products
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Emerging Therapies
- Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Drivers
- Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Discover more about Hepatic Encephalopathy medications in development @ Hepatic Encephalopathy Market Drivers and Barriers
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States